We are seeking a professional Landscape Construction Estimator with a passion for construction management and background in horticulture. Join our team in delivering high-end outdoor living projects, residential and commercial.
We are looking forward to talking with you, contact PowerHouse Recruiting.
Please Do NOT contact our offices directly.
Role Responsibilities: In this position, you will produce bids/estimates, manage project installation purchasing and assist in managing the client relationship from pre-construction to final installation. This is a great opportunity for the right aggressive individual to grow their career:
- Represents the team in a professional, courteous manner in serving discriminating clients.
- Maintain communications and relationships with internal and field team employees, vendors, and suppliers.
- Attends pre-construction site-visits, conducts field measurements and collects project design scope details while documenting existing property conditions and creating accurate takeoffs.
- Review landscape design plans and prepare materials list for installation of said plan.
- Creates project bids, scopes of work, construction specifications, client proposals, and final budgets.
- Generates bid estimates, quantities, labor and materials using Foundation construction software, MS Excel, and/or similar software.
- Obtains materials quotes and manages purchasing from materials suppliers, per project schedule and construction team verification.
- Management and ongoing maintenance of accurate/current cost pricing of materials from suppliers within Foundation construction software.
- Assist in documenting the preconstruction process including client communications within Foundation construction software.
- Prepare close-out bids, negotiate contracts, coordinate purchasing in partnership with the construction team.
- Document and price out proposed/negotiated change-orders within Foundation construction software.
- Proactively problem-solve design and construction issues for construction completion including but not limited to final punch list items.
Skills for Success:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an estimating, project coordination or landscape construction role in residential and commercial markets.
- Experienced in all phases of landscape design and construction, including grading, drainage, irrigation, plant identification, hardscapes, design drawings, specifications, estimating and purchasing.
- Competent in maintenance of CSI Construction Cost Codes.
- Degree or certificate in landscape construction or project management (equivalent experience will be considered).
- Experienced in landscape architecture, landscape design, and horticulture is highly preferred.
- Advanced Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, On Screen Take Off, estimating and/or construction industry software).
- Proficient in reading Landscape Design Plans from Adobe Acrobat, Sketch Up, AutoCAD.
- Strong communication skills in oral, written and delivering high-level client service.
Compensation Package & Benefits:
- Competitive salary compensation based on experience
- Company offers IRA Annuity Retirement plan with company match
Opportunities for Growth!
- Health insurance available after 90 consecutive days of employment
- Dental, and other Supplemental insurances available at open enrollment
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Expense reimbursement
- Excellent Company Culture – Poised for Growth
Who We Are:
Frank Suppa Landscaping has established a reputation as the leader in landscape design, quality, service, experience and value, with a proven track record of creative, quality landscape design and maintenance.
The FSL Landscape Experience is a total quality assurance program, oriented toward a goal of “total customer satisfaction.” We are a family-owned and operated business located in Long Island, New York.