Are you a creative designer with experience in the high-end residential industry and want to grow your career?
Announcing a plum career opportunity to join Sroka Design, in our Washington DC studio, helping us make an incredible impact on the design/build projects we are honored to create for our clients!
As an Interior Designer in our high-end residential and multi-family firm you will be producing concept, schematic, and design intent drawings. You will be part of the team providing selections for consideration. Attending to the drawings and specifications required for implementation. A successful candidate will have common sense, a positive attitude and possess a great design sense. This position provides an opportunity to work on luxury projects in a great environment with a proven team.
Local Washington DC Candidates Preferred
Please apply via PowerHouse Recruiting, do not reach out to our office directly.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Site measures and as-built documentation
- Creating floor plans and furnishing plans
- Millwork and Built-in drawings for design intent
- Custom furnishings
- Bidding custom work to fabricators
- Resourcing furniture, fixtures, fabrics and finishes
- Specification of FF&E for commercial work as required
- Preparing client presentations, pricing and proposals
- Updating project budgets
- Working and communicating with clients in a professional manner
- Attending and documenting meetings, processes and procedures
- Coordinating work with trades
- Ordering furnishings
- Managing client files, keeping computer files organized and up to date
- Time entry on a per project basis weekly
- Working with Contractors/Builders/Architects/Tradespeople
- Assists in photography preparation and process on projects
- Developing a keen understanding of our firm’s process and unique value proposition.
- Active in continued education with industry products, technologies and networking.
Qualifications and Skills for Success:
- Minimum 3+ years full-time experience working in a residential design firm.
- A proven ability to read and understand design documents and construction drawings.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction or similar.
- Computer skills with a solid working knowledge of AutoCAD or Revit, adobe CS, and Microsoft Office products. Sketch up, acrobat pro, Rhino a plus.
- Ability to become proficient at Studio IT and/or Studio Webware.
- Working knowledge of trade resources, furnishings and fabrics.
- A strong work ethic with an attention to detail to follow through.
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to problem solve independently.
- Highly organized with excellent time management and priority setting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude, creative spirit and a team player.
If you want to be grow your career on a team where you will have personal interaction with the founder/principal this is a stellar career growth opportunity for you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- Full-time position with the future growth potential
- Company Employee Health Benefits
- Vacation and Holidays Paid
- Interior Design firm located in Washington DC
- Opportunity to interact with clients and make a design difference
- Join an amazing company culture focused on design, creativity and integrity
- Continued opportunities for personal learning & development
This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity that will allow you to grow your talents in delivering the highest level of client service, working on our team in all areas of design and construction while empowering your entrepreneurial creative spirit.
Skip Sroka is the founder and principal of Sroka Design – a full service interior design firm. For over three decades, Sroka Design has created inspired interiors for Washington’s elite. Sroka has been named one of Washingtonian’s Top designers by Washingtonian, was named Home and Design Magazine’s Designer of Distinction and received a National Capitol Business Ethics award as well as the John Russell Pope award for interior design. We pride ourselves on being known as a friendly office where everyone feels like family.