Are you a Natural Leader?
As General Manager, you will be the inspiration leader of our Chicago Area Midwest Branch - Levantina Natural Stone showroom, warehouse and distribution center. Your greatest asset is your team of sales professionals (inside and outside sales reps), warehouse and driver employees and your key administrative staff. As the business leader you and your team will set goals to drive sales and profitability while managing reporting, controls and overall effective and efficient operations. The ideal candidate possesses tremendous communication and leadership skills, has proven success in the stone - building materials market segment ultizing leadership and team building techniques in serving customers in the commercial industry (fabricators) and A+D markets.
We are looking for a hands-on leader with strategic, creative planning, financial acumen, a strong results-oriented work ethic and exceptional interpersonal skills. If you are an experienced GM able to lead a team while driving sales and profitability; and if you have a passion for the construction building materials industry, commercial and residential, this is the ideal opportunity for you to grow your career!
Please apply via PowerHouse Recruiting only.
Do not visit or contact Levantina directly.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Inspire and lead the sales team in setting and tracking sales and profitability goals, individual goals and team goals.
- Mentor and manage sales team members, one on one, to evaluate opportunities, sales training, servicing key accounts, material layouts and commission review/approval.
- Conduct training and team building, both individually and in group environments.
- Measure and respond proactively to daily, monthly, quarterly, annual, tracking results.
- Establish budgets and implement systems to ensure execution.
- Financial management including A/R, daily cash collections, price and margin controls and business financial statements.
- Manage to ensure the sales team, showroom and warehouse have proper sales/marketing tools including sales materials, samples, photos, documents and other important materials (digital and hardcopy).
- Manage day to day communications with the entire team, inside/outside sales reps, warehouse and customer service, ensuring customer top-level care and issue resolution.
- Marketing plans and communications to deliver special action, offers and local market activities.
- Implement corporate directives and communicate with senior leaders on Branch deliverables.
- Controls of daily inventory, cash control and employee communications.
- Controls weekly reporting on Containers/Materials arrivals.
- Controls bi-weekly Purchase Review, considering cash flow, inventory, sales forecast and strategy.
- Manage Warehouse Operations with Warehouse Manager and staff, including loading and unloading operations, safety procedures, capacity and process improvement.
- Manage with Warehouse Manager and inside sales staff to ensure Showroom/Warehouse general maintenance, safety and appearance.Inventory Control two annual complete cycle counts + monthly cycle counts.
- Review and direct to organize and optimize sales transport with Warehouse Manager and team.
- Manage general purchase requests based on sales situation and forecasts.
- Approve vendor invoices and travel expenses.
- Human Resources accounts for managing and developing all current employees while retaining potential candidates for future new hires. Conduct hiring, orientation and training of new employees. Administrative work to be completed with HR Corporate.
- Financial Management of P&L, Bad Debt/KPM reports, monthly reviews, revisions and action items.
The Experience and Skills Needed:
- 5+ years of experience in a management/leadership with experience in operations management, profitability and financial controls, in the building materials industry.
- Demonstrates experience in building teams and operations that will nurture growth.
- Ability to be onsite daily to lead and inspire, with some business travel, including ride-along with sales reps.
- Proven track record in sales leadership, operational profit with exception time management and priority setting skills.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and background in developing business strategies and marketing activities that drive employee teams and delivers customer loyalty.
- A hands-on style with exceptional direct communication skills.
- Solid understanding of business development marketing activities including events, digital marketing, networking and collaborative opportunities.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, with MBA preferred.
Benefits: Manage Your Branch
- Competitive Compensation, based on experience
- Base Salary + Profit/Sales Bonuses, No Cap
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- LifeLock (Identity Protection)
- Met Law Legal Plan
- Corporate support with HR
- Be an entrepreneur and create your own destiny