Skip to main content
Print This Page
Scroll To Top
Share This Page
Share this page on Facebook
Share this page on Linkedin
Share this page on Twitter
Add Me To Your Mailing List
PHS LC 2020
Submit Hard-Hat Tour
Realtor® RoundTable 2020
Alert Me To Networking Events
Jobs / News List
Jobs / News
Senior Interior Designer Job Opening
| Published on 8/14/2019
Changing Lives Through Design
LC INTERIORS is a small interior design firm in Naperville, Illinois specializing in residential and commercial design. We believe the power of design is the ability to change how our clients live in their spaces. We are looking for an experienced residential Interior Designer who is self-driven, a team player, and likes to have fun! They must be detail-oriented and willing to go above and beyond. Our projects range from furnishings and décor, renovations, new construction homes, and small commercial projects.
• Day-to-day communication with clients, design team, vendors, tradespeople, and builders
• Develop Architectural and Furnishings Design Presentations to fit client’s needs.
• Create and manage project budgets
• Tracking and documenting the status of all projects
• Coordinating delivery dates with warehouse
• Participating in installation days for furniture, art and accessory installs. Managing the delivery team with what goes where, moving small furniture pieces, placing art, determining hanging locations, and placing accessories. Some light lifting of accessories, lamps, books, etc.
• Site visits for construction review and coordination with contractors. Requirements
• 6-12 years experience in an Interior Design capacity.
• A degree from a FIDER accredited college in Interior Design
• Ability to design, hand sketch, and verbally get your design viewpoint across to clients quickly and efficiently.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Dropbox. Other programs are a benefit such as Adobe Photoshop, Ivy Mark. We use Ivy Mark for our project management software.
• Experience communicating and coordinating with architects, builders, and tradespeople
• Ability to formulate and express a creative and thoughtful design perspective
• Demonstrated experience overseeing the construction phase of projects
• Expertise in industry resources for furnishings, fixtures, and finishes
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proven strength in written and verbal communication
• Major team player with the ability to float between roles with no ego. A positive attitude of professionalism and courtesy.
• A strong design opinion based on what is best for a client’s needs, not your personal thoughts. Sometimes they align, sometimes they do not.
• Ability to change directions on a project with little effort.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, take initiative, and work independently
• Must have the ability to transport oneself to job sites throughout the western suburbs
• The ability to study our style and design beliefs, translate them into new projects and stay on brand. Experience with the following is an asset:
• Established relationships with local industry vendors and tradespeople
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio to
listed on our website with the subject line, “Senior Interior Design Position Application”. (Do not be paralyzed creating the perfect portfolio. We would rather see your everyday work.)
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Naperville, IL
• Hourly wage of $20- 28 an hour
• Yearly Bonus based on performance
• Flexible schedule based on your intermittent needs
• To be part of a team that values life-work balance and happiness
• Weekly in-office yoga
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Creative – energetic and focused
• Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Return to Previous Page