Design Assistant Job Description
Are you incredibly organized and a creative designer with a passion to grow?
This is a plum opportunity to work with a top cabinetry and remodeling showroom located in the beautiful Geneva Lake area.
Grow and learn with the best!
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Geneva Cabinet Company! A unique opening is now available for a talented candidate with a design degree (Associates or Bachelors) with a minimum of 2+ years’ experience using design software (Chief Architect, AutoCAD or similar). This is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity that will allow you to grow your talents in delivering the highest level of customer service, assisting the team with design drawings, project organization, and coordination while empowering your entrepreneurial creative spirit.
Specific Design Assistant Responsibilities:
- Participate in our upbeat, collaborative, customer-centric design firm.
- Manage communications and coordination with vendors, suppliers and design partners.
- Assist in the selection of finishes, installations and implementing project schedules.
- Prepare estimates, proposals, and documents to administer project work.
- Project work using design software, Chief Architect, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office.
- Research and source selections, procuring samples and materials with pricing quotes.
- Attending and documenting meetings, processes, and procedures.
- Writing and coordinating purchase orders, deliveries, and inventory management.
- Developing a keen understanding of our firm’s process and unique value proposition.
- Active in continued education with industry products, technologies, NKBA training and networking.
Skills for Job Success:
- Highly organized with excellent time management and priority setting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid 2+ year's experience in design software, Chief Architect, AutoCAD or similar.
A keen ability to read and understand design documents and drawings.
- A strong work ethic with an attention to detail to follow through.
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to problem solve independently.
- Bachelor’s in Architecture, Interior Design, or similar (Associates Degree, considered).
- Experience working in MS Office, MS Project, Outlook, Adobe Suite and similar.
If you want to grow within a top cabinetry design firm where you will have personal interaction with leaders in design this is a stellar career growth opportunity for you.
- Full-time position with the future growth potential.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Showroom located in the heart of the beautiful Lake Geneva area.
- Health Insurance
- Vacations and Holidays
- Join an amazing team-based company culture focused on design and creativity.
- Opportunity to interact with customers, internal and external team and make a design difference
- Exposure to the luxury design community, trade partners and the best resources.
- Continued opportunities for personal learning & development.