This position with the DiCosola Group is an excellent career opportunity to join a growing Chicago-based Construction and Development Team. We are looking to hire top talent with 2+ years’ experience as a Construction Project Coordinator. As the Project Coordinator you will be working directly with our Project Manager and Site Superintendent in construction operations from preconstruction through construction and post warranty.
- Working with the preconstruction team to help prepare drawings and specifications.
- Developing preconstruction estimates to assist during the design process.
- Creating bid specifications and drawings.
- Researching and pre-qualifying new subcontractors.
- Preparing and transmitting subcontractor bid packages/ Request for Proposals (RFP’s).
- Collecting, organizing and managing subcontractor’s bids and certificates of insurance.
- Preparing construction budgets and assisting with evaluation of cost-effectiveness.
- Assisting with the project scopes, subcontract agreements and exhibits.
- Assisting in maintaining construction project schedules.
- Managing submittal logs, approvals, RFIs, and coordinating the timely delivery of materials.
- Assisting in compiling subcontractor invoices, change orders, and waivers of lien.
- Coordinating project close-out books, and assisting in project walk-thoughts, punch-list management and warranty.
- Maintaining professional relationships with clients, design-build team members, subcontractors, suppliers.
Skills for success in this position:
- Highly organized with excellent time management and priority setting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates solid proficiently using project management software, preferably Sage.
- 2+ years’ experience in the construction office environment.
- A keen ability to read and understand construction documents and drawings.
- A strong work ethic with an attention to detail to follow through.
- Strong self-motivation, with the ability to problem solve independently.
- Bachelor’s in Construction, Architecture, Design, or similar (Associates Degree, considered).
- Solid experience and skills working in MS Office, MS Project, Outlook, Adobe Suite and similar.
If you excel at taking a leadership role in managing and organizing project documentation, including schedules, drawings, specifications, bid-packages, budgets, contracts, submittals, RFI's, change-orders, closing packages and service/warranty coordination, we want you to grow within our team!
If you want to grow within a top quality construction and development firm where you will have personal interaction with leaders in construction this is a stellar career growth opportunity for you!
- Full-time position with the future growth potential.
- Competitive compensation based on experience.
- Team-based work environment.
- Strong company culture focused on delivering excellence.
- Benefits package.
- Exposure to the Chicago's construction community, trade partners and the best resources.
- Opportunity to interact with customers, internal and external team members and make a difference in construction project management.